Finally after many sheets of sandpaper, several coats of paint & 7 coats of varnish – the Visaton Clou speakers are able to do their thing!
Last week I made time to make progress with the speaker project, and the final push on Friday saw them finished.
I had been picking off butterfly eggs from my cabbage leaves in the garden, started walking back towards the house – glanced towards the pond on my way past & did a double take…..there was a snake hanging over the edge into the water!
I’ve desired a good looking, great sounding pair of loudspeakers for a long time now. Finally after having moved house earlier this year, I’m now the proud occupier of a workshop – its not grand, its a tatty old shed at the end of the garden…but it already feels like home!
After getting the workshop up to speed & in a state that could be used, my first serious project is a set of speakers. After much trawling around the net, I originally planned on building a set from plans – buying in all the components needed & most likely also building the crossovers myself. After a little more research I realised that this wasn’t as easy as I’d hoped, mainly due to the lack of decent suppliers in the UK – postage was going to be very heft y & seriously raised the budget required….so plan B.